Antibiotics are medicines that are mostly used for the treatment of infections or diseases that caused by bacteria such as respiratory tract infections, pneumonia and whooping cough. And they are also used for a range of other infections that also caused by bacteria including urinary tract infections, skin infections and infected wounds.In this way, it has saved millions of lives since they were first introduced in the 1940s and 1950s. However, because they have been overused now a day, many antibiotics are no longer effective against the bacteria they once killed but also on the other hand Antibiotics do not work against viruses like common respiratory tract infections as colds and flu are caused by viruses so antibiotics are of no use for them.
Antibiotics Safe or Not For Your Health
Pros (Benefits) Of Antibiotics:
Following are the pros of antibiotics due to they use in abundant such as
- Highly Effective: Antibiotics can treat a wide variety of infections such as strep throat, tonsillitis, and sinusitis.
- Easy To Administer: Most antibiotics are easy to administer since you can take them orally or via injection.
- Few Side Effects: Many antibiotics have few side effects, which makes them the perfect option when you feel extremely sick.
- Cost-Effective: Older antibiotic especially those with generic alternatives are very affordable on any budget, even if you lack health insurance.
- Less chances of developing resistant strains, less cost, smaller quantity side effects, allowing the body to mount immune response.
Cons (Side-Effects) Of Antibiotics:
Following are the main side effects that mostly occur by them such as
- Diarrhea: it is an effect that rise in sugars in the gut that during antibiotic treatment allows harmful bacteria to get a foothold and cause infection and these Harmful bacteria thrive on sugar.
- Feeling and being sick.
- Fungal infections of mouth, digestive tract and vagina.
- inadequate/incomplete cure leading to complications, longer stay in the hospital
But also some rare side-effect rise due to antibiotic such as
- Formation of kidney stones(when taking sulphonamides).
- Abnormal blood clotting (when taking some cephalosporin).
- Sensitivity to sun (when taking tetracyclines).
- Blood disorders(when taking trimethoprim).
- Deafness(when taking erythromycin and the aminoglycosides).
Antibiotics are powerful medicines that fight against bacterial infections and in this way, antibiotics can save lives. They either kill bacteria or keep them from reproducing but