Kids enjoy the festivals to their best.Christmas is also enjoyed by the kids by celebrating it through different means like shopping,eating,playing etc.In this article we will make and endeavor to highlight few Christmas party food ideas for kids keeping in view their interest.
Top 10 Easy Christmas Party Food Ideas
Here are some Christmas party food ideas for kids
COCONUT LEMON SLICE
Coconut lemon slice is very popular among kids it is very easy to make it also combines a strong lemony flavor with a sweet coconut topping.
- Rich Shortbread biscuits 2 x 200g packets
- condensed milk 400g tin
- coconut2 cups
- Butter 125g
- rind of 1 lemon, finely grated
- icing sugar 2 cups
- Butter 30g
- Lemon juice 3 tbsp.
- Butter a 20cm x 30cm slice tin with butter. Use a food processor to crush the biscuits. This takes 2-3 batches.
- Place crushed biscuits, coconut, lemon rind and condensed milk in a large bowl. Melt butter and add to other ingredients, mix well. Press mixture into tray.
- To make icing, sift icing sugar into bowl and stir in butter. Add lemon juice one tablespoon at a time until icing is a smooth, spreadable consistency.
- Spread slice with icing. Refrigerate until firm and then slice into squares or triangles. Store in the fridge.
These delicious savory muffins are equally good for kids andadults especially for kids lunch boxes and can also be served kidsChristmas Party Food patties
- 300g self-rising flour
- Three quarter cup (55g) grated tasty cheese
- Half cup finely chopped ham
- 1 capsicum, de-ribbed and diced
- Quarter cup mushrooms, finely sliced
- One egg, lightly beaten
- Chopped parsley1 tbsp.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 12 cup muffin tray with muffin sized patty pans.
- In a bowl, place the flour, cheese, capsicum, mushrooms and ham.
- In a jug, combine the egg, milk and butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into patty pans and bake for 15-20 minutes.
This is a greatChristmas Party Food Idea and recipe for kids Christmas parties, school functions and get-togethers
- chocolate ripple biscuits500 g
- condensed milk395 g
- Cadbury Mint Bubbly chocolate 440g
- coconut (for rolling)3/4 cup coconut
Preparation of chocolate chip Biscuits
Ingredient Almond Biscuits
You can whip up these yummy, chewy almond biscuits with just three simple ingredients and in less than 10 minutes, you’ve got a taste sensation on your hands. These are: –
- Almond spread one cup
- raw sugar225g
- one egg
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- Beat all ingredients together to form a smooth paste. Form into small balls, heaped teaspoon size, and place onto an oven tray lined with baking paper. Press down gently with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool slightly on the tray before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
These chicken meatballs are really popular with kids and adults alike.
- Chicken mince1kg
- Wholegrain breadcrumbs one cup
- Cumin2 tsp.
- Two eggs, lightly beaten
- chicken stock2 tsp. powdered
- Two cloves garlic
- Vegetableoil fourtbsp.
- In a large bowl, place the chicken mince, breadcrumbs, eggs, cumin, chicken stock and garlic.
- Combine well using a metal spoon.
- Roll tablespoons of this mixture into balls.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the meatballs over a medium heat, turning constantly using an egg slice. These only take 3-5 minutes to cook through.
CHILLI CON CARNE ROLLS
- Beef mince500 g
- Oil1 tbsp.
- Chopped tomato425 g canned
- red canned kidney beans310 g
- Continental Chili Con Carne Recipe Base1 packet
- 14 tortillas
- Three and half cup gratedcheese
- Half cup sour cream (*to decorate)
- 1 red chilli (deseeded, sliced, *to decorate)
- Prepare Chilli Con Carne according to directions on pack, using ingredients listed above it in the ingredients list. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cover and continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes or up until beef is prepared and sauce has condensed. Allow mixture to cool before using.
- Spread ¼ cup of the Chilli Con Carne mixture over 2/3 of a tortilla, sprinkle with ¼ cup of the cheese.
- Starting from the edge nearest filling, roll up tightly. Use four toothpicks, spaced evenly, to secure the end of the roll. Repeat with remaining tortillas, Chilli Con Carne mixture and cheese.
- Using a serrated knife, trim ends of tortilla rolls and slice into four pieces.
- Place cut-side up onto a baking paper lined oven tray, spray lightly with oil and bake at 200C (180C fan-forced) for 6-8 minutes, or until rolls are lightly browned and cheese is melted. Serve topped with sour cream and chilli.
LEMON GARLIC PRAWNS
- Fresh green king prawns 500 g
- Grated lemon rind 1 tsp.
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp.
- Crushed 1 tsp. garlic
- Two tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- Olive oil 2 tbsp.
- Parsley, fresh or dried 2 tsp.
- Mix all together.
- Toss in pan or on the barbeque until the prawns go pink and are cooked.
- Season with freshly ground pepper and salt.